History of Gilmanton
Written by: Daniel Lancaster
 Published in 1845 
In March of this year (1809), four School Committees were chosen, viz: In the first collection district, John Ham, Esq., John Shepard, Esq., and Lieut. David Sanborn; in the 2d collection district, Rev. Isaac Smith, Stephen Moody, Esq., and Capt. Thomas Burns; in the 3d collection district, William Badger, Esq., Daniel Gale, 3d, and Lieut. Isaac Bean; in the 4th collection district, Capt. John Smith, Nehemiah Sleeper, Esq., and William Blaisdell.

On the 29th of June, at a meeting of the town notified and held at the public house of Horatio G. Prescott at Meredith Bridge Village in Gilmanton, two Committees were chosen to appropriate each one half of the interest of two lots of land left by the Proprietors for the use of the Ministry, in such a manner that the different denominations shall receive in proportion to their taxes, one half for the support of the Ministry in Gunstock, and the other half for the support of the Ministry in Tioga, so called. The Committee for Gunstock was Jacob Blaisdell, Benjamin  Weeks, Esq., Noah Leavitt, and John Lyford.

This year ten dollars bounty was voted for full grown wolves, five dollars for whelps, and five dollars for wild cats, to be disfigured by the Selectmen so they could not be presented for bounty the second time.